Sunday, January 27, 2013

Consultants saving the world? Yes, that's why I'm wearing a cape.

Wanted to share this article I read on LinkedIn: Management Consultants Can Save the World.  I'm not trying to toot my own horn because of the very title and my own ability to consult, but because I want to wear a cape as I help companies.  No, I'm kidding.  Instead, I think the article highlights some insight into consulting or rather, effective management.

The article touches on a consulting firm's (Accenture in this case) ability to bring tangible benefits to Indian textile firms.  Many firms throughout the world lack formal and effective management, and stick to the plans that have gotten the firms to where they are such as the Indian textile firms in the article.  I can't help, but imagine if simple business processes were shared more to willing ears in some of these "old school" firms throughout the world, how companies and the world would change.  I say "willing ears" because change, as we've all heard it, comes from the top.  If you don't have a coalition of leaders wanting to change, then no matter how great consulting can be, change and benefits will never be realized.  Hence again, the important of effective management.

The United States has strong management processes in companies, but it's evident there are plenty of opportunities still.  However, there are tremendous opportunities abroad as the article highlights.  Especially in countries that are growing due to sheer population explosion such as India and China, there are tremendous opportunities.  

Well, nothing new really covered here; though, I wanted to share an interesting article.  Hope you enjoyed the article as much as I did.  I'm off to save the world now.

Cheers, 
SC Ninja

No comments:

Post a Comment